Central to our mission is to distribute our research as widely as possible. Here’s a list of our various publications, book chapters, and poster sessions.
INVITED REVIEW PAPERS
McCulloch MF, Turner K, Broffman M. Lung Cancer Detection by Canine Scent: Will there be a Lab in the Lab? Euro Respiratory J 2012;XX(XX):XX. (In press)
PUBLICATIONS (PEER REVIEWED)
1. McCulloch MF, Broffman M, van der Laan M, Hubbard A, Kushi L, Kramer A, Gao J, Colford JM: Lung Cancer Survival With Herbal Medicine & Vitamins In A Whole-Systems Approach: 10-Year Follow-Up Data Analyzed With Marginal Structural Models and Propensity Score Methods. 2011. [Epub ahead of print, PMID 21964510] Integrative Cancer Therapies.
2. McCulloch MF, Broffman M, van der Laan M, Hubbard A, Kushi L, Abrams DI, Gao J, Colford JM: Colon Cancer Survival With Herbal Medicine & Vitamins In A Whole-Systems Approach: 10-Year Follow-Up Data Analyzed With Marginal Structural Models And Propensity Score Methods. 2011. Sep 30. [Epub ahead of print, PMID 21964510] Integrative Cancer Therapies.
3. See, CJ, McCulloch MF, Smikle C, & Gao J. (2011). “Chinese herbal medicine and clomiphene citrate for anovulation: a meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials.” Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine 17(5): 397-405.
4. Szulejko JE, McCulloch MF, Jackson J, McKee DL, Walker JC, Solouki T. Evidence for Cancer Biomarkers in Exhaled Breath. Sensors Journal, IEEE. Jan. 2010;10(1):185-210.
5. Moser E, McCulloch MF (2010). “Canine Scent Detection of Human Cancers: a Review of Methods and Accuracy.” Journal of Veterinary Behavior. May. 2010; 5(3):145-152
6. Ensminger JJ, Jezierski T, McCulloch MF: Scent Identification in Criminal Investigations and Prosecutions: New Protocol Designs Improve Forensic Reliability. (Listed on SSRN’s Top Ten download list for Animal Law eJournal).
7. McCulloch MF, See C, Shu XJ, Broffman M, Kramer A, Fan WY, Gao J, Lieb W, Shieh K, Colford J. Astragalus-based Chinese herbs and platin-based chemotherapy for advanced non-small cell lung cancer: meta-analysis of randomized trials. Journal of Clinical Oncology. 2006 Jan 20;24(3):419-30.
8. McCulloch MF, Jezierski T, Broffman M, Hubbard A, Turner K, Janecki T. Diagnostic accuracy of canine scent detection in early- and late-stage lung and breast cancers. Integr Cancer Ther. Mar 2006;5(1):30-39.
9. Shu X, McCulloch MF, Xiao H, Broffman M, Gao J. Chinese herbal medicine and chemotherapy in the treatment of hepatocellular carcinoma: a meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials. Integr Cancer Ther. 2005 Sep;4(3):219-29.
10. Pai M, McCulloch MF, Gorman JD, Pai N, Enanoria W, Kennedy G, Tharyan P, Colford JM Jr. Systematic reviews and meta-analyses: an illustrated, step-by-step guide. Natl Med J India. 2004 Mar-Apr;17(2):86-95.
11. Pai M, McCulloch MF, Enanoria W, Colford Jr JM. Systematic reviews of diagnostic test evaluations: What’s behind the scenes? (Editorial). ACP J Club. Jul-Aug 2004;141(1):A11.
12. McCulloch MF, Broffman M, Gao J, Colford JM. Chinese herbal medicine and interferon in the treatment of chronic hepatitis b: a meta-analysis of randomized, controlled trials. Am J Public Health. 2002 Oct;92(10):1619-28.
13. Pai M, McCulloch MF, Colford JM Jr. Meta-analysis of the impact of HIV on the infectiousness of tuberculosis: methodological concerns. Clin Infect Dis. 2002 May 1;34(9):1285-7.
14. Pai M, McCulloch MF. Computer Programs for Epidemiologists: PEPI v4.0. Am J Epidemiol. 2002;155(8):776-777.
15. Broffman M, McCulloch MF. Instrument-assisted pulse evaluation in the acupuncture practice. American Journal of Acupuncture 1986; 14.
1. Broffman, M, McCulloch MF, See C, Burns B. (2008). Magic Fusion: the Meaning of Integration in Medicine. Botanical Medicine in Clinical Practice. R. R. Watson and V. R. Preedy (eds). Wallingford, UK, CABI.
PUBLICATIONS (NON-PEER REVIEWED)
1. McCulloch, MF, M Broffman, and J Cannell. (2010). “Vitamin D3: A Review of the Evidence for its Role in Human Health.” Avenues 29/30(Spring/Summer): 3-12.
2. McCulloch, MF and C See (2009). “When the Answer Isn’t So Clear: Interpreting the Results of Medical Research.” Avenues 26(Summer): 3-8.
3. McCulloch, MF and M Broffman (2009). “Swine Flu Vaccination, Treatment, and Prevention: A Common Sense Discussion and Review of the Evidence.” Avenues 27/28(Autumn/Winter): 3-10.
4. Altgelt, J. and MF McCulloch (2009). “Lymphoma, Chemotherapy and Antioxidants.” Avenues 25(Spring): 3-8.
5. Altgelt, J., H. Ly, and MF McCulloch. (2008). “Colon Cancer, Chemotherapy And Antioxidants.” Avenues 22(Summer): 3-12.
6. Altgelt, J., H. Ly, and MF McCulloch. (2008). “Ovarian Cancer, Chemotherapy And Antioxidants.” Avenues 23-24(Autumn/Winter): 3-12.
7. Altgelt, J. and MF McCulloch (2008). “Lung Cancer, Chemotherapy And Antioxidants.” Avenues 21(Spring): 3-12.
8. McCulloch, MF (2005). “Your Mind and Cancer Treatment Understanding and Addressing Cognitive Decline.” Avenues 12(Winter): 3-6.
9. Altgelt, J. and MF McCulloch (2007). “Breast Cancer, Chemotherapy and Antioxidants.” Avenues 19-20(Autumn/Winter): 9-14.
10. Paster, J. and MF McCulloch (2007). “Antioxidants and Chemotherapy For Advanced Prostate Cancer The Latest Research On Specific Interactions.” Avenues 18(Summer): 7-10.
11. Broffman M and McCulloch MF. Integrative Traditional Chinese Medicine and CMF/CAF chemotherapy in node-positive and metastatic breast cancer: 5- and 10-year survival data. San Francisco Medicine 2001; 74(10): 29-30.
POSTER SESSIONS (PEER REVIEWED/INVITED)
1. McCulloch MF, Broffman M, van der Laan M, Hubbard A, Kushi L, Kramer A, Gao J, Colford JM. (2010). Lung cancer survival with herbal medicine & vitamins in a whole-systems approach: 10-year follow-up data analyzed with marginal structural models and propensity score methods. 2010 Annual Meeting of the American Society of Clinical Oncology; June 4- 8, 2010; Chicago, Illinois. (publication only)
2. Solouki, T., MF McCulloch, J Szuleko, JC Walker. (2009). Early detection of ovarian cancer biomarkers at the highest level of confidence using exhaled breath: Fourier Transform Ion Cyclotron Resonance Mass Spectrometry and biosensors designed by nature. Canary Foundation Early Detection Symposium; May 4th – 6th 2009; Stanford University, Palo Alto California.
3. McCulloch MF, Broffman M, Abrams DI, Kramer A, Gao J,Colford JM. Survival In Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer Patients Following Treatment With An Adjunctive Chinese Herbal/Vitamin Protocol. Traditional Chinese Medicine and Cancer Research: Fostering Collaborations, Advancing the Science; April 10-12, 2006; National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland.
4. Solouki, T., MF McCulloch, et al. (2006). Early detection of cancer biomarkers at the highest level of confidence using exhaled breath: Fourier Transform Ion Cyclotron Resonance Mass Spectrometry and biosensors designed by nature. The Emerging Role Of Screening & Prevention In Women’s Cancers; May 4th & 5th 2006; New York University School of Medicine.
5. McCulloch MF, Broffman M, Gao J, Colford JM. Chinese herbal medicine and interferon in the treatment of chronic hepatitis B: a meta-analysis of randomized, controlled trials. International Scientific Conference on Complementary, Alternative and Integrative Medicine Research. April 12-14, 2002. Harvard Medical School.